Sunday, April 15, 2007

Ironic And Sad

Last week, I read this article about NBC still suffering in the Nielsen ratings basement. It's called "PEACOCK'S HEADING FOR PRIMETIME TV CELLAR."

The same day, I also read this article about all the great shows NBC is bringing us this summer. They include "the return of "America's Got Talent," "Last Comic Standing" and "The Biggest Loser" -- all three with new hosts -- and "Age of Love," a new dating show hosted by Mark Consuelos." Those awesome "new hosts," by the way, are Jerry Springer, Bill Bellamy and Alison Sweeney. Yep, all recruited to help save the network.

Now, because you and I are both smarter than network executives, we know that the reason NBC is in fourth fucking place is because they air reality shows hosted by Jerry Springer and Mark Consuelos. As a writer, I appreciate the irony of these articles, but as a TV viewer, they make me wanna puke.

No comments: